|
The original
Bonnyrigg bus service began operation in
1951 and was named Calabro's Bus Service.
For thirty-eight years, this service was
owned and run by three brothers: Frank,
John and Baptist.
The business
grew from five buses to sixty-eight buses
servicing the Bonnyrigg, Fairfield West
and Badgery's Creek areas. When the brothers
retired in 1989, the service was purchased
by Westbus.
Since this
time, Westbus Bonnyrigg has continued to
expand to a fleet of 83 vehicles and a staff
of 131. In 2002, Bonnyrigg opened a new
depot site, situated in Bonnyrigg Avenue.
|